The vision for this high-level event is to share cutting-edge knowledge and evidence on closing the gender gap in farming under climate change, and to convene thinkers and doers in a forum to inspire renewed action.
Specific objectives include:
- Share key research results related to gender, climate change, agriculture and food security.
- Discuss how such results are being used or could be used to reduce gender inequalities including their implications for policy and programs.
- Identify key gaps in the research that still need to be addressed to achieve optimal gender inclusion.
- Identify appropriate frameworks and methods for collecting and analyzing data around the topics of gender and climate change.
- Networking for building potential partnership and/or strengthening existing partnerships.
- The format of the event will include several research presentations in the morning and a high-level panel discussion in the afternoon.
Abstracts: If you have research that could be presented, please send a short 300 word abstract to Jennifer Twyman, firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to Bruce Campbell email@example.com by 5 February 2015.
Partners: The event is organised by CCAFS and the CGIAR Consortium office in collaboration with Future Earth, and the International Social Science Council (ISSC).
Venue: The event will take place in Paris, France. The venue is still to be confirmed.
Registration: Spaces are limited, register now!
More information: Information will be regularly posted on this page. If you have additional questions please contact Jennifer Twyman firstname.lastname@example.org